If you’re looking for a fantastic alternative to traditional metal braces in Oakdale and North Fayette, Invisalign clear braces from Dr. Ryan Rupert at Robinson Township Smiles are the way to go!
Dr. Rupert is a certified provider of Invisalign. If you need orthodontic correction, but dislike the appearance of conventional braces, come in today for a consultation!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign works on the same basic orthodontic dentistry principles as traditional metal braces. Over time, pressure is applied to teeth to shift them into a new position, eventually straighten them for a perfect smile.
However, the method used to do this is very different for Invisalign. Instead of brackets and wires, which are tightened with every visit to the orthodontist, Invisalign uses a custom-built series of clear plastic aligners, which look similar to a retainer or a sports mouthguard.
These aligners are worn for 22 hours a day, only to be removed when eating, drinking, or brushing. They are changed approximately every 2 weeks. And once every 4 to 6 weeks, you’ll come to the office of Dr. Rupert so he can measure your progress and ensure your smile is on track.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
Generally, a comprehensive Invisalign plan requires around 20-30 aligners. This places average treatment times at around 9-15 months, though the requirements of each patient will be different.
What Are Benefits Of Invisalign?
Invisalign has a wide variety of benefits that can be very attractive to those who wish to avoid traditional metal braces.
- More comfortable and convenient – Invisalign is much more comfortable than traditional braces. The gradual, gentle pressure on your teeth and gums is more even compared to tightened metal braces, so you won’t experience as much discomfort. You also don’t have to deal with regular tightening appointments. Simply come into Robinson Township Smiles and Dr. Ryan Rupert will examine you, hand you your next set of aligners, and you’ll be on your way!
- No food or activity restrictions – Because Invisalign is removable for sports, eating and drinking, you don’t have to change your lifestyle at all. Simply take the trays out during your activity or while eating, and replace them afterward!
- Invisible for higher self-confidence – Traditional metal braces can make patients feel embarrassed about their appearance. However, Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible to the naked eye. Nobody has to know that you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment!
As you can see, there are quite a few reasons that Invisalign has become so popular among cosmetic dentistry practices.
Am I A Candidate For Invisalign?
As long as your mouth is healthy and you do not have serious orthodontic problems, you are likely a good candidate for Invisalign.
However, Invisalign cannot be used if you have oral health issues such as cavities or gum disease. You will need to get the appropriate treatment from Dr. Ryan Rupert to resolve these issues before undergoing smile correction with Invisalign.
In addition, Invisalign is not as versatile or powerful as traditional metal braces. If you have major bite problems or extremely crooked or crowded teeth, you may not be able to get treatment with Invisalign. You may need braces instead.
The best way to determine if you’re a candidate for Invisalign is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ryan Rupert at Robinson Township Smiles. Dr. Rupert can examine your teeth and help you decide if Invisalign is the right option for you.
The Invisalign Process
Wondering what to expect from the Invisalign process at Robinson Township Smiles? Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect when you see Dr. Rupert to straighten your teeth with Invisalign.
- Initial consultation – First, you will need to see Dr. Rupert to find out if Invisalign is right for you. He will give you an oral exam and take x-rays and images of your mouth to assess your bite and tooth position, and ensure you’re a good candidate. If you’re approved for Invisalign, Dr. Rupert will scan your teeth and work with Invisalign to create a treatment plan that will be used to craft your custom-made Invisalign aligners.
- Get your first sets of aligners – After Dr. Rupert has completed your Invisalign treatment plan and your first sets of Invisalign aligners have been manufactured and sent to our office, you’ll come back to pick them up. This may take 2-3 weeks or longer. At this appointment, Dr. Rupert will also explain the basics about wearing your aligners properly, and caring for your aligners and teeth. He can answer any questions you may have about the process.
- Visit us every 4-6 weeks for a checkup – Next, you’ll begin wearing your aligners as directed by Dr. Rupert, for 20-22+ hours per day. Each set is worn for about 2 weeks, so you’ll need to come and see Dr. Rupert every 4-6 weeks to get your next series of aligners, and for a quick checkup.
- Complete your treatment & get your retainer – It usually takes between 20-24 sets of aligners to correct your smile, so most patients are finished within a year. At your final appointment, Dr. Rupert will take images and scans of your smile to create a custom-fitted retainer. You will need to wear this retainer at night to ensure your teeth do not shift or move, and your smile remains straight.
The Invisalign process is fast, convenient, and comparable in cost to getting traditional braces, so don’t wait. If you’re interested in Invisalign in Robinson Township, contact Robinson Township Smiles now for a consultation with Dr. Ryan Rupert.
Interested In Invisalign? Visit Dr. Ryan Rupert – The Leading Dentist in Robinson Township, PA!
Adults, teenagers, and children can all benefit from Invisalign. Dr. Ryan Rupert is Invisalign certified, and has years of orthodontic dentistry experience. His knowledge, passion, and expertise make him the perfect choice for Invisalign in Moon and Rennerdale. If you’re interested in exploring your orthodontic options, call (412) 859-3833 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rupert today! For more about the fantastic results you can expect from Robinson Township Smiles, feel free to check out our smile gallery, or take a look at our patient testimonials!